Thursday, October 20, 2011

Most Loved/Loathed Words

Hi everybody!

I'm not sure if anybody else does this, but there are certain words that sound amazing, and other's that sound disgusting, for no apparent reason. I've compiled a list of my top loved/loathed words, and the reasons of why they're on the lists.

Loathe
Swagger/swag/$w@q: I feel this one is overused so much to the point where it annoys me greatly.

Gangster: Again, I dislike it because it's overused and has lost it's meaning.

Hater: I don't like this word when used in the wrong context. It can be used to describe people who literally hate you, but is most often used by people pretending that people care enough to hate them.

Juicy: This actually sounds weird to my ears. It's a gross word, and should only be used to describe equally gross things, like earthworms.

Moist: This can only be used to describe stuff like mud. I'd prefer not to describe my cookies as "moist".

Truly: I actually have no explanation for this one. I just don't like hearing or reading this word.

Nourish: The actual definition of this word is fine, it's just that this combination of consonants and vowels creeps me out.

Murmur: I don't like this word because I feel like it has no place in ordinary life. In novels, it can be used to describe people whispering quietly to each other, but I don't know anybody who actually murmurs.

Love
Anathematize: This means to denounce, or curse. It sounds odd in everyday life, but I think it would find a great place in old Shakespearean English.

Chagrin: Means dissatisfaction. I feel like this word is so ironic, because it means to be disappointed, yet the word "grin" is found in it.

Gumption: AKA, spunk. It sounds like a word used to describe a swamp, which means it has a million cool points.

Serendipity: Honestly, this word is just plain fun to say.

Babble: This word sounds like it's meaning, which is interesting.

Hope you enjoyed! Are there any words that you find odd?
<3 Lucero

No comments:

Post a Comment