Friday, August 5, 2011

PREP!

Hi everybody!

A little over a week ago, I graduated from PREP, which stands for Prefreshman Engineering Program. It's an extensive 7 week program that focuses on engineering, and logic. This was my first year, and I am extremely happy with my overall experience! I made lots of great new friends, and the curriculum was fun and challenging. I'm proud to say that I graduated with an A+ Outstanding, the highest honor which requires an average of over 99.00 (in fact, I was the only person from my campus to receive it!).

Now, I find myself missing the days spent at UTSA Downtown with my friends. Some of the wonderful amigos I made at PREP include:

Daniela, a fellow blogger and fashionista (here's her link!). She's incredibly gorgeous who shared a love of YouTube with me! She, along with Marina, a stunning shortie, created a dynamic duo. They always paired up for projects, though that didn't always result in success (some may even say it was "scraps"!)

Ursula, a lovely girl who was always reading a book, or writing one! She has high hopes of becoming an author/animator and teamed up with me for the egg drop project. Ursula is dependable, and always there to talk to.

Josh, a funny guy who always had food on hand was either picking on somebody in a playful manner, or laughing at them! He had retorts for any questioned asked, though his favorite line was "your mom". Ramon often joined him, with his comical sayings (usually in Spanish).

George and I often had long discussions about time travel, Stephen Hawkings, and whether or not Magenta from Blue's Clues was a girl.

Blanca, Amanda, and Chasity were an inseparable trio who were found in the back of the auditorium, giggling and texting.

That's only the beginning of the list of wonderful people in my group, the Gummi Bears! I loved PREP, and hope to see some familiar faces next summer!

Until next time,
<3 Lucero

2 comments:

  1. Aw I miss you Lucero! I really hope I see you next year, if I don't end up in Australia! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too Daniela! Hope you have tons of fun next summer where ever you end up! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete